Sometimes it’s the little things that give the greatest satisfaction. It’s an idea I’ve been thinking about this afternoon.
Just a few of my favourite simple pleasures…
- Bookshop browsing without intent to buy.
- Fresh fruit.
- A fresh pot of tea, the morning’s papers, and a few hours to while away.
- A comfortable pub, a few quiet pints, and an overdue catch-up with a good friend.
- Well roasted potatoes.
- Resting your head on a cool, clean pillowcase after a long day.
- Hot showers on cold mornings.
- Kicking up autumn leaves.
- Getting your hands dirty.
- A good hair day.
- An out of the blue message.
- Bare shoulders and warm nights out.
- A walk on the beach.
- When your favourite song comes on shuffle.
- A bear-hug.